Salesforce Service Cloud + Field Service Lightning (FSL) Catalyzes Growth in Challenging Times
Total Comfort is a full-service residential and commercial heating and cooling (HVAC) company.
Total Comfort has been a leading provider of heating and cooling services in the Twin Cities metro area for over thirty years. The HVAC company was seeking to grow and expand geographically but their fragmented combination of 6-10 systems supporting Sales, Installation and Service was an impediment to growth. In addition, time-consuming manual scheduling and dispatch processes had maxed out the capacity of internal resources, constraining the scalability of their Sales, Installation, and Service teams. Total Comfort also had a strategic partnership with The Home Depot in which they deployed staff in The Home Depot stores to capture leads. Lead capture and handling was conducted via email, calls and texts, making it difficult to assess status and success of efforts in real time.
Demand Chain defined a roadmap, which included a revised implementation of Salesforce Service Cloud combined with the addition of mobile Field Service Lightning (FSL). FSL was deployed for scheduling and dispatch of sales, installation and service resources. The resulting Salesforce solution:
- Replaced multiple industry specific systems and custom spreadsheets.
- Captured the results of manual canvassing and lead collection directly into the CRM.
- Included a customized training program to help increase user adoption.
The Salesforce FSL mobile solution was also deployed to Total Comfort’s lead generation staff at The Home Depot. This enabled lead information to be entered directly into Salesforce—no more texts, emails or calls. Now, managers see real-time statistics on appointment setting activities and Dispatch can quickly schedule an onsite visit with new leads.
The capabilities and efficiencies delivered by the project have helped Total Comfort thrive. Despite the challenges posed by COVID, they increased sales 20%, while reducing call center staffing by 50%. Key solution benefits:
- Single source of “Truth” – With prior systems incorporated into Salesforce, Sales, Service, Scheduling, Dispatch and Management can now reference a single system for timely, accurate information.
- Resource efficiencies – streamlined processes enabled more efficient utilization of Sales, Install and Service resources, eliminating a key obstacle to growth.
- Mobile Activation – field personnel can now enter and view real-time updates to the system from wherever they are.
- More leads, faster – Enabled staff at the The Home Depot to easily handle a major spike in lead volume driven by COVID. It also reduced their “speed to lead” — a critical metric of their Big Box partner.
- Improved information – reports and dashboards provide real time information regarding lead generation, sales and service performance, allowing better visibility and decision making.
- Less paper – Capturing information in Salesforce reduced the paper created in some processes 80%.
“Demand Chain has been great to work with. They engaged with us in deep discussions to understand our business needs, then helped us create a roadmap to our desired future state. I look forward to partnering with them in the next steps of our Salesforce journey.” – Lee Adams, Director of Culture, Total Comfort
Contact Us Now!
Looking for a preferred partner to help you on your next Manufacturing Salesforce / CRM project? Contact us now!