Success Story: Lightning Conversion for Document Generation
Client is a division of a large, multi-national company. This division provides hospitals with solutions for hygiene, sterilization, and cleaning protocols.
When client’s field service reps conducted customer site visits, they logged the products used, products ordered, and services performed in Salesforce. Conga, a third-party document creation tool, was then used to capture the information in a format that could be easily shared and consumed by their customers. This functionality was built in Salesforce Classic, but client realized the need to migrate these capabilities to Lightning UI.
Client IT had rigorous dev ops compliance requirements that needed to be factored into the recommended solution.
Demand Chain worked in conjunction with client to deliver a solution that included:
- Conversion from Salesforce Classic to Lightning UI
- Porting of established email templates to Lightning
- Ability for users to change email templates using Custom Settings (doesn’t touch metadata), providing needed flexibility while adhering to IT’s dev ops compliance requirements.
- Reduction of risk/exposure by shifting reporting approach from “Reports” to “Queries” to minimize chance of accidental changes by users
- Improved Lightning interface and UX for users
- Client’s users can make email template changes without needing to go through full deployment process
- Protection of key reports from unintentional changes
Looking for “Salesforce Experts” to help you get results? You’re in the right place! Contact us!